Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting, patiently?

Raise your hand if you like to play the waiting game.......Anyone?......me neither.

And yet, that is where I find myself.  
Waiting.  

Waiting to find the right truck.  Waiting to find the right fifth wheel.  Waiting to sell the house.  Waiting for one job to wrap up, and for another one to begin.  Patience does not seem to come readily to our household.  Stephanie and I have joked about how we missed the opportunity with the kids' middle names.  We were able to hit Grace, Joy, and Hope, but we missed the boat on patience.

I know that a lot of what I am feeling is coming off of a spree of changes.  We have had a huge garage sale and since sold off many more items; rearranged, redecorated, repaired parts of the house; have put the house on the market; have been telling countless souls about our plans and preparations.  Now, we are at a lull.  A point where most things are in motion and it is time for us to take a step back...and wait.

I am the type of person that likes to stay busy.  When I get a list of projects and to do items, I can't wait to jump in and get them done.  I attack them with a strong vigor and focus, yet I know that once I have the list completed I will be back in this position, impatiently waiting for the next thing.  Obviously, what doesn't help is knowing that these things are close at hand.  It is the basic human nature, if you don't know that it is there, it doesn't exist or matter.  Once you know it is close by, it is all that you can focus on.  When I have decided on a course of action, I chomp at the bit to get things moving.  I don't want to sound like I am just done and checking out, but quite the opposite.  I love where I am and what I am doing, but big things are on the horizon for us.

So, yes, I am getting my own opportunity to work on being present where I am.  
Here.  
Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment