Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bored or not bored

To quote my wife, 


"My simple question of, "Honey, can you help me open the shed door?" (it shifted on the foundation a bit more after the latest storms) has turn into him putting a jack under it, lifting it up on its foundation and re-hanging the doors this evening.
Me thinks Jason has been a bit short on DIY projects around here in the past couple of weeks!"
Yeah, so what.  I recognize that I am this way.  Give me something to do, and once I'm all in, it's on like Donkey Kong.  I frustrate myself with this, because I recognize that I will put the blinders on and not really catch everything else going on around me.  Next thing you know, it's a few hours later and I am supposed to be giving the kids a bath (in reference to above quote).  I love getting into projects and having them to do; I enjoy the sense of accomplishment and having fixed/created with my own two hands.  The flip side is that I dislike having shut out everything else because I am so focused on getting the task done.
The doors work, but don't quite swing the way that I want them to.  I'm sure that there is a joke in there somewhere.
I write this as the rain drizzles down outside, where most, if not all, of my projects reside.  Placing me under a pseudo house arrest.  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment